This breakfast trifle is yummy, tangy, sweet, gooey, crunchy perfection!!
First I made a super simple Lemon Curd. This recipe only took about 20 mins, and it is worthy of every second of your time.
Then I gathered up the other 4 ingredients:
1. Fresh juicy blueberries.
2. A good greek yogurt... we used fat free.
3. Lemon or Vanilla Pound Cake. I picked up a piece at the local bakery.
4. Your favorite homemade granola, (or a quality store bought one in a pinch).
I started with the fat free yogurt and randomly layered... yogurt, cake, yogurt, blueberries, lemon curd, blueberries and another dollop of yogurt. Layer as you like, and if you happen to have some mint or a leaf of basil, either one makes a nice garnish. We served our trifle up with a small bowl of crunchy granola to sprinkle on top.
My husband and I had ours with coffee and croissants. There was plenty leftover, and it was just as good on day two!
BLUEBERRY & LEMON CURD BREAKFAST TRIFLE
Prep Time: 5 mins. Assembly Time: 5 mins. Total Time: 10 mins Serves: 2-4
4 oz Lemon Curd
1 Pint Clean Blueberries
6-8 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Large Slice Lemon Pound Cake
4 oz Granola
Optional: Mint or Basil Leaf
1. Layer first 4 ingredients as desired.
2. Garnish with a mint or basil leaf if desired.
3. Sprinkle with a crunchy granola just before eating. PRINT
Photos by L. Wilkins from The Table Today., unless otherwise indicated by clicking on photo.