Blueberry & Lemon Curd Breakfast Trifle.
This breakfast trifle is yummy, tangy, sweet, gooey, crunchy, perfection!!
Then I gathered up the other 4 ingredients:
1. Fresh juicy blueberries.
2. A good greek yogurt... we used fat free.
3. Lemon or Vanilla Pound Cake. I picked up a piece at the local bakery, but here is a delicious Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake, if you'd prefer to make your own.
4. Your favorite Homemade Granola, (or a quality store bought one in a pinch).
I started with the fat free yogurt and randomly layered... yogurt, cake, yogurt, blueberries, lemon curd, blueberries and another dollop of yogurt. Layer according to your creativity, and if you happen to have some mint or a leaf of basil, either makes a nice garnish. We served our trifle up with a small bowl of crunchy granola to sprinkle on top.
My husband and I had ours with coffee and croissants. There was plenty leftover, and it was just as good on day two!
BLUEBERRY & LEMON CURD BREAKFAST TRIFLE
Prep Time: 5 mins. Assembly Time: 5 mins. Total Time: 10 mins Serves: 2-4
4 oz Fresh Lemon Curd
1 Pint Clean Blueberries
6-8 oz Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Large Slice Lemon Pound Cake
4 oz Granola
Optional: Mint or Basil Leaf
1. Layer first 4 ingredients as desired.
2. Garnish with a mint or basil leaf if desired.
3. Sprinkle with a crunchy granola just before eating.
Silky, Tangy Lemon Curd
Lemon Pound Cake
Photos by L. Wilkins from The Table, unless otherwise indicated by clicking on photo.