Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Tables, Dining
Cranberry Curd Praline Shortbread Bars
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
8 Tbsp. Softened Butter
1/4 Cup of sugar
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup crushed praline pecans or candied pecans
1 Cup Cranberry Curd
1. Butter and flour an 8x8 baking pan.
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and creamy with a hand mixer or using a stand mixer. Stir in the flour anda half cup of crushed praline pecans until the dough comes together. It's ready when it becomes a crumbly texture thatcomes together when pressed with your fingertips.
4. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumbly dough for the topping. Scatter the remaining dough into the baking pan, pressing verylightly with your hands until the surface is covered evenly. Refrigerate the pan and reserved dough for at least an hour orovernight until ready to bake.
5. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack positioned in the center of the oven. Spread the cranberrycurd over the chilled shortbread dough in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining dough over the cranberry curd, crumblingthe dough with your fingertips. Sprinkle with remaining crushed praline pecans.
6. Bake the bars for about 35 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to coolcompletely, then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting.
Step 7. Slice and serve.